If you have been following our news section for any length of time, you know that our ministry, while focussed on producing tools in simple English, is not limited to one language. Our ultimate goal is to have all of our material, including our websites, in as many languages as possible. In fact, one of the reasons we write the way we do is because our style is easy to translate and difficult to mistranslate. Thus, our original book, Simple Truths for the New Believer, is now on 47 languages. The Travel Guide to the Bible is available in English, Spanish, French, and Arabic, with new languages on the horizon.
Our next significant translation project will concentrate on our A Simple Word website. We have prepared two online courses, based on our larger books, that will allow a student to read the entire text of the books online and answer questions based on what they have read. Once we have field-tested all of this material, we will be translating the entire site, including the courses, into French to be used in Francophone West Africa.
But before we can do a new language translation, we need to assure that our material is accurate and, as importantly, that our delivery system is user-friendly. That is where YOU come in.
We are looking for at least five (5) people who are willing to sign up for our online course, read the material, take the exams, and provide us with feedback on your experience. Note that, before you begin, the full course is rather long. But even if you are unable to take the time required to finish all of the lessons, if you can complete a portion of the course and provide feedback about your experience, you would be doing us a great service.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Clear and Simple Media field-testing team, simply follow the instructions below. You will be helping us get one step closer to translating our online course and providing church leaders in West Africa with a new discipleship tool. And, in the process, you may even learn something.
Guide to Field Test Quiz Site
- Visit: https://travelguide.asimpleword.org/
- Choose “Register” on the menu.
- Create a new account, by choosing and entering a “Username” and “Email”
- When you press submit, this should cause you to receive an email. Click the link to create a new password.
- Then use your Username and Password to login to the site.
- Choose Courses from the menu.
- Choose the first course option, “Travel Guide-Introduction”. Enroll in this course.
- Please make an effort to complete this course.
- Upon completion of this course, please enroll in the second course and complete at least the Genesis portion of the course.
- After completing the course, please send feedback to [email protected]
- Please give feedback regarding creating an account, registering for a course, taking the course and completing the course.
- If at any time you need support, please contact [email protected]